Healthy personal boundaries are a vital part of any relationship.
This workshop is offered as a two-part class series or as a single day-long program. Below are the dates of our upcoming programs:
Two-part class series:
• Tuesdays, April 10 & 17, 2018
from 9:30am to 12 noon.
Day-long boundary workshop:
• Sunday, May 6, 2018
Personal boundaries are a vital part of relationships. Yet many of us never received modeling around how to stay connected to ourselves and others in relationship, or what we call healthy boundaries.
- When we have vague boundaries, we may not feel connected to ourselves by not speaking our truth, by care-taking others, or by taking on other peoples energy.
- With rigid boundaries we may need to control life and feel disconnected from others in order to feel safe.
- When we are aware and connected to a healthy sense of boundaries, we can deepen our connections to others and feel a sense of wholeness and fluidity in our own selves.
In this class we will bring a visceral and experiential awareness of boundary patterns. We will learn skills and resources to re-pattern the habitual boundaries. Our relationships to both self and others will have more freedom and connection.
What You'll Experience in this Workshop
1. Explore Energetic Boundaries Mindfully through the Body
Find new ways to be in healthy relationship with others without loosing your connection to yourself.
This first part of our of series focuses on noticing our bodies cues as it calls on us to create and maintain healthy boundaries with others. Using experiential awareness exercises, you will learn about both physical and energetic boundaries. Together we will investigate where we habitually hold our own energy and how that affects our connection to our body. Through this attunement, we can explore new ways to be in connection with others while maintaining healthy boundaries.
Aimee will share about three different boundary styles and support you in exploring these interactively as a way to deepen your awareness and understanding of them.
2. Make a Medicine Pouch of Protection to Support Energetic Boundaries
With our new awareness around boundaries, we will bring in support from various indigenous plants traditionally used for protection and to support healthy boundaries. During our time together, each participant will mindfully craft a personal protective medicine pouch. As we work, we will instill the pouch with our own prayers and intentions.
3. Traditional Smudging Medicines to Purify and Protect
Do you wish to know how to clear energy? We will explore some traditional native clearing and purification smudging medicines. We will get to know our plant allies sage, cedar, and angelica root. Aimee will guide you in the use of them, and share why they are important and how they can help.
Both the day-long and the 2-part class are facilitated by Aimee McConneloug, somatic practitioner, educator and spiritual mentor.
Aimee counsels and inspires people to heal through self awareness and connection to the natural world. She offers individual sessions, groups, ceremony, workshops and classes that integrate somatic, mindfulness and earth-based practices.
Aimee is a certified Hakomi Practitioner and a certified Sensorimotor Practitioner. She has been immersed in Indigenous wisdom and traditional native ceremony for for over 20 years. She loves to work on the threshold of life transitions and with women’s issues.
Feel free to contact Aimee with any questions: 707-328 1785 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Two-Part Boundary Workshop:
• Tuesdays, Apr. 10 & 17, 2018
9:30am - 12 noon.
Day-Long Boundary Workshop:
• Sunday, May 6, 2018
10am - 4pm.
Sebastopol, CA (further location details will be sent upon registration)
$100 (includes supplies for the medicine bag)
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Please fill in the form below to express your interest in the boundary workshop.
- We review potential participants to ensure it's a good fit.
- You will receive a confirmation and registration instructions within two days.